COMOS 10.4.2 is now officially released and is available.
The COMOS version 10.4.2 product release includes following highlights:
- Faster saving of COMOS objects into the database
- Skipping information while exporting evaluation reports
COMOS Document Viewer
- Support of hatch definitions on diagrams
- Support of AutoCAD XRef functionality
- Improved Touch/Mobile support
- Improved Redlining capabillties
- PDF, Printing and Multipage Enchantements
DDMS (Data and Document Management System)
- eSign configuration enhancement and performance improvement
- COMOS Desktop supports now Signature Uniqueness Criteria similar to COMOS Web
- New component-oriented Web UI based on state-of-the-art technology as enabler for new Use Cases
- COMOS Web revamped UI and improved UX
- Global Search is integrated in COMOS Web and supports customizable QR-Code scans
- Customization of selected items in COMOS Web initially enabled (e.g. logo, colors, menu bar)
- Language translation to individualize texts and tooltips and support local languages
- Edit function for list specifications like in COMOS Desktop
- Redlinings are managed centrally on document itself
COMOS Services Backend
- Enhanced security options due to improved Https support and certificates checks in COMOS Web.
Extensions in the Comos Application Server Configurator for those.
- Introduced Notification Service to keep external services updated about COMOS objects
COMOS Teamcenter Connector Toolkit (CTCT)
- Simplified licensing
- Support updating attributes of revisions when creating items and documents from COMOS in Teamcenter
- Assign Teamcenter project to COMOS objects
COMOS Mobile Worker
- cDB and iDB support
- Improved change notification on COMOS objects
- With the new context menu at the machine root node, you can reach the desired user interface of
the plugin "Modular Configurator" faster. When you open the configurator, the start object is
automatically set and the ruleset is visualized. You can load the "Ruleset updater" plugin in
the same way.
- At machine root nodes of the configuration, the context menu has been extended for the administrator
or template editors. Apart from the configurator user interface, you now also open the plugins
"Ruleset administration" and "XML mapping" for the respective "modular concept diagram".
- For a better overview and to avoid errors, each further call of a ruleset with opened configurator
user interface is displayed in the same instance. This behavior applies both when you open the
configurator in COMOS navigator as well as when opening a placed machine root node via a document.
- Through the revised progress indicator during the execution of a configuration, you obtain more
transparency on the progress of the execution. This information makes it easier for administrators
to detect potential for improvement.
- You are provided with the script interface with the most important functionalities of the configurator.
This way you can import values and execute the configurator through script. With this, you can also
realize external control, for example via Enterprise Server or other applications.
- With the new ME script interface, for example, you can determine the status of a configuration using
the IsConfigurationExecutionPending function. You can use this information to have the configuration
status of the entire project displayed via the status administration.
- The new engineering task "Instantiate base object" together with the corresponding action trigger
on the "Modular concept diagram" also makes it possible to have individual or multiple instances
of a base object created through a configuration. Furthermore, the function of the "Set base object"
engineering task was integrated into the ruleset interpretation.
- To more easily detect the relationship between the variant drivers in the "Modular Configurator"
plugin and the associated data model of the ruleset, a new functionality is now available which
allows you to navigate from the user interface of the "Modular Configurator" plugin to the
corresponding objects in the instance or to the template.
- You can now carry out the definition of the connection and wire end handling at the connector
of the base object. This information is applied when connecting through the connection objects.
If you have set the value at the base object, this cannot be edited in the project. The core
assignment is automatically transferred to the core or the cable and can be output in the wiring
- In the area of cabinet engineering, the properties of the devices and equipment have been extended.
The new options enable you to define contours, detail graphics and texts more quickly and without
administrative work. The different detail information is now represented on one diagram thanks to
the extension of the graphical layers for the cabinet design. Further documents such as, for example,
a drill drawing or a dimension drawing are no longer required when the new technology is used.
- The application now automatically detects possible positions of drill holes. The drilling depth is
used to calculate whether you would drill into a locked area or into a section. In these cases,
the generation of the drill holes is skipped for the affected parts. The drilling data generated
in this way are supplemented with further information. Apart from the positioning coordinates, the
midpoint of the drill hole as well as the calculated drilling depth are output.
Method of selecting the grouping status of sub elements
- When you select the owner object on the P&ID, the sub element is not automatically grouped as well.
- To this purpose the "Do not group with owner" option has been added to the dialog for defining sub
elements in the symbol script per "Element / Element ElementName" text parameter. If you select the
option, there will be no grouping on the PID, otherwise the behavior remains as before.
New method to identify sub elements by classification key
- Previously, the element name was used in COMOS to identify valid sub elements, such as
*V*PE: Symbol ("R001")*, was used in the symbol script. However, the use of the name is not neutral
with respect to labeling systems and requires adjustments when switching between them.
- Ambiguities are also possible when objects have the same name. By using the classification keys,
the dependence on names is solved and the ambiguities are eliminated. An additional parameter has
been introduced to specify which of the four available classification keys should be used to determine
Tool for sequence representation of 3D pipes
- The information contained in the sequence representation of 3D pipes makes it possible to use the
end points, sequence of components and side branches when creating the equivalent pipes on COMOS P&ID.
- In addition, the interface provides an easy way to find matching symbols for the pipe components
on the P&ID.
- For N-way components, you can, specify a main direction for P&ID objects to achieve a better match
in the sequences.
- You can also identify inconsistencies between N-way components in terms of nominal diameter, flow
direction and connected line.
- When exchanging attribute values between COMOS and PDMS/E3D
- Pipe spec parts can be selected via the STYPE .
- When importing pipe specs, the STYPE is updated in the standard table.
- With SiPEC the iDB contains a new standard for engineering in COMOS. The content provides real-world
solutions based on international standards for data model, data workflow and documents
- SiPEC provides integrated engineering from FEED over P&ID to I&C (refer to separate SiPEC manual)
- SiPEC libraries referring to international standards are up-to-date (e.g. functions and positions
in relation to IEC 62424:2016)
- SiPEC data sheets are based on a new data sheet concept: It allows the user to change them in a
flexible and efficient way.
DDMS Content iDB:
- New audit trail report for Engineering change management (documents) introduced.
- Configurable banner text extended in the Watermark tab for the doucments.
- Autofilling tool of the mandatory attributes for quick processing.
- Enhancements for the e-Sign roles for desktop and Web.
- Default Task administrator and Action administrator introduced in the COMOS Web for the seamless
out-of-the box workflow between the desktop and web clients for document revisioning.
- New Modular report functionality for the engineering document creation introduced. For this
functionality the new license for modular report documents should be used.
- New functionality available: Symbol preview
- New functionality for extended graphic properties: Inline script and text parameter
- Write protection of symbol scripts in standard tables used for generic symbol.dll
- Improvements and harmonization in symbols for line width and font height
Please read the COMOS 10.4.2 ‘Release Notes’ file for a summary of all new features available with this release.